Saturday 14 September 2013

A Mini CD Scrapbook

As you have seen in my previous post, I promised to keep you updated about the mini scrapbook I done recently with CD`s.
So here it is all for you. I named it “Inspired” as I was inspired by the many beautiful  scrapbooks I have seen around and wanted to add something in about one of my passionate hobbies...  which is Sewing.



For the front cover used bits and bobs I had in my craft stuff. The sequin flower was given to me by a neighbor and in past it was embellishing a bag... A simple flower done by me in tulle was added and the other stuff are remnants from other projects.



On the second page layered on some free printables I found from a blog by Gina`s Designs On the main card sewn on some mother of pearl buttons and the other wrapped around some seam binding ribbon. The mini tile is made from polymer clay by myself and fixed on a little saying from Prima papers - Life Time Collection. At the end sanded the edges and distressed them in brown to give the look of a tile and finally applied on Ranger- Glossy Accents.



For the background of this page used papers from Tim Holtz - Idea-ology Collection made a vertical pocket with some tags in the pocket and also between the pages. At the edge of pocket glued some lace and a bow along the pocket with a little paper flower. Each page I distressed it and inked the edge in dark brown.





 

On this page applied the rest of printables by Gina`s Designs and underneath inserted a tag and some tokens.



On this page used various stamps as the paper was just simple blank. In the middle of the page I glued on a quote about inspiration, to keep up with the subject of the scrapbook.  At the edge stamped on two swallows as if they are holding the last verse of the quote and at the bottom arranged some flowers.






This page is simple with a quote and some lace appliques sprayed on with perfect pearls and Stickles glitters on.




Background paper is from Prima -Lyric Collection. The quote glued on the right side with stitching at the edges of the page. Left hand side a dress maker form stamped on a dictionary paper and cut along the edges, dressed on with a lace skirt.






This page I kept background simple plain as my intention was to dress up the corset which is something  I love doing  like the dress maker form. Stamped the corset and applied silver embossing powder. Folded two strips of tulle and gathered it, layered them on top of each other and glued them to the edge of the corset. For embellishments used pearls on a string and a crochet flower. Finally stamped the sentiment from The Sewing Room set by Visible Image.

I am entering this into Visible Image 'September Sentiment’ Challenge


The background paper is from and old dictionary which I printed and stamped on. Used a sentimental stamp by Visible Image and embellished it with paper flowers.





For the back cover used plain paper and embossed it with   the French Script folder from Tim Holtz- Eiffel Tower & French Script Set. Highlighted the embossing with distress ink and finally sprayed on some liquid 
pearls.



Wish you all a happy crafty weekend

Love Carmen
xxx




2 comments:

  1. wow this is just stunning i love eveything about it ,thanks for joining in the challenge at Visible image x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful, a gorgeous make. Thank you for joining in the Visible Image challenge this month.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete